Saturday, March 10, 2012

Storytime with David

I've always found books a connecting point with children so when I got the chance to stay with my grandchildren for a couple weeks I went to their local library to find some books to share with David.  I found several, but one of my favorites and one I knew he would like was The Very Busy Spider by Eric Carle.  It has a different farm animal on each page making it's own sound along with  the repeat of the phrase, "The spider didn't answer, she was very busy spinning her web," until the end where that phrase changes to, "And the Spider caught the fly in her web, just like that!"  The spider and the fly on each page as well as the web are golden and raised so the child can feel them.  Slowly through the book the web is developing.  This book was so successful with David that I ordered it on Amazon for his birthday.  We loved reading it together.  

No comments:

Post a Comment